RADICAL Opened at #1 in Theaters Oct. 19 in Mexico Film Arrives Nov. 3 in the U.S. Triumphs at Film Festivals, Garners Awards and Critical Acclaim
MIAMI, FL(October 26, 2023) – Radical, the latest film from beloved actor Eugenio Derbez, has captured the hearts of audiences and critics alike, earning multiple awards at its recent film festival screenings. From Pantelion Films and Participant, the leading media company dedicated to entertainment that stands at the intersection of art and activism, in partnership with 3Pas Studios,Radical arrived in theaters on Oct. 19 in Mexico becoming the #1 in the box office over the weekend, a spot it held throughout the week. It will open in more than 400 theaters in the United States and Puerto Rico on Nov. 3. The film is based on a Wired Magazine article that inspired filmmakers to bring the story to life. Click here to watch the trailer.
The film and Eugenio have been awarded:
- Winner – Festival Favorite Award at the Sundance Film Festival
- Winner – Audience Prize for Fiction Feature at the 11th Cine Latino Film Festival
- Winner – Richard D. Propes Narrative Social Impact Award at the Heartland International Film Festival
- Winner – Overall Audience Favorite at the Mill Valley Film Festival
- Winner – Audience Award at the Hola México Film Festival
- Winner – Audience Award, Best International Feature, Newport Beach Film Festival
- Winner – Iconic Award, Newport Beach Film Festival, Eugenio Derbez
- Winner – GEMS’ Impact Award, Miami Film Festival, Eugenio Derbez
- Winner – Social Impact Award, National Hispanic Media Coalition, Eugenio Derbez
- Winner – Legends and Groundbreakers Award, Variety
- Winner – Sloan Distribution Grant, Film Independent
Derbez was also honored with the Icon Award by the Newport Beach Film Festival for his contribution to iconic roles in the industry. On Oct. 27, he will receive the Social Impact Award from the National Hispanic Media Coalition (NHMC). Later this month, he will be feted with the Variety Legends and Groundbreakers Award, further highlighting his legendary status in the entertainment world.
Radical is set to be the opening film at the Miami Dade College’s Miami Film Festival GEMS on Nov. 2 where Derbez will receive the GEMS’ Impact Award for his extraordinary contribution to the Latin American entertainment landscape.
Starring Eugenio Derbez (Coda), Radical follows Sergio Juarez Correa, a frustrated teacher (Derbez) in a Mexican border town plagued by neglect, corruption, and violence who tries a radical new method to unleash the curiosity and potential of his students. The film is based on a true story.
Pre-sale tickets are now available at Radical’s official website.
Release Date: November 3, 2023
Cast: Eugenio Derbez, Daniel Haddad, Jennifer Trejo, Mía Fernanda Solís, Danilo Guardiola
Director: Christopher Zalla
Screenwriter: Christopher Zalla