WarnerMedia Announces HBO Max Will Be Available In 39 Territories In Latin America And The Caribbean Starting June 29th.
- Iconic content and exclusive premieres from brands such as HBO, Warner Bros., Max Originals, DC and Cartoon Network for the whole family
- Warner Bros. movies, at no additional cost, just 35 days after their release in theaters in Latin America
- UEFA Champions League matches live-streamed in Brazil and Mexico
- Two subscription plans: Standard and Mobile starting from US $3 per month; prices per plan and country can be found on HBOMax.com
- A 7-day free-trial period and an option to sample a limited selection of TV episodes at no cost
- Available on HBOMax.com, digital stores and through distribution partners in the region
- Accessible on supported smartphones, tablets, smart TVs and streaming devices, depending on plan
HBO Max, the WarnerMedia subscription streaming platform, announced that it will be available in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean starting June 29 with an iconic collection of curated titles from across WarnerMedia’s legendary catalog and slate of original series and movies, Max Originals, plus live sports in Brazil and Mexico later this year.
“Our launch in Latin America and the Caribbean is the first step in our global rollout of HBO Max. We are thrilled that fans across the region will soon be able to enjoy HBO Max and its amazing collection of content. WarnerMedia is one of the most popular and trusted sources of entertainment across Latin America, and we are very excited that our global journey starts here,” commented Johannes Larcher, Head of HBO Max International.
 Value of the 12-month mobile plan in certain countries when divided by 12.
 Anguilla, Antigua, Argentina, Aruba, B.V.I., Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos, Uruguay and Venezuela.
CONTENT FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
HBO Max offers the whole family content from some of the best storytellers and talent across Latin America and all around the world, including movies, series, documentaries, reality shows, and kids’ content and live sports.
The platform will offer Warner Bros. movies at no additional cost just 35 days after being released in theaters in Latin America, with titles such as Lin-Manuel Miranda’s musical IN THE HEIGHTS, SPACE JAM: A NEW LEGACY starring LeBron James, THE SUICIDE SQUAD directed by James Gunn and starring Margot Robbie and John Cena, and DUNE starring Timothée Chalamet and Zendaya and directed by Denis Villeneuve, among many other films. Recent premieres such as TOM & JERRY, MORTAL KOMBAT, the award-winning JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH, and GODZILLA VS. KONG will be available on HBO Max in 2021.
HBO Max will also be home to franchises such as HARRY POTTER and the complete trilogies of THE LORD OF THE RINGS and THEMATRIX, as well as movie classics such as THE WIZARD OF OZ, CASABLANCA and SINGIN’ IN THE RAIN. It will also bring the DC universe to its fans with titles such as ZACK SNYDER’s JUSTICE LEAGUE, WONDER WOMAN 1984, JOKER, SUPERMAN & LOIS, and DOOM PATROL, among others.
HBO Max will also feature exclusively iconic television titles such as FRIENDS, THE BIG BANG THEORY and HBO Original series THE SOPRANOS, GAME OF THRONES, and SEX AND THE CITY.
There will be exclusive content produced especially for the platform under the Max Originals brand, with titles such as the thrilling comedy drama THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT starring Kaley Cuoco, an authentic youth drama GENERA+ION, a science-fiction story RAISED BY WOLVES produced by Ridley Scott, and new reality and documentary series such as SELENA + CHEF, dance competition LEGENDARY, and the upcoming NICKI MINAJ docuseries. Included are new content such as the special FRIENDS: THE REUNION, the next chapter of SEX AND THE CITY in AND JUST LIKE THAT…, and the GOSSIP GIRL reboot.
HBO Max will have exclusively new local original titles produced in the region with stories such as POP DIVAS, a competition for the pop genre crown hosted by Pabllo Vittar and Luísa Sonza, the documentary series PCC SECRET POWER, the astrology show ASTRAL JOURNEY hosted by Giovanna Ewbank, a competition with the best stylists in THE CUT, LAS BRAVAS, a Mexican series about women’s soccer with screenwriters such as José Javier Reguilón, Luis Gamboa, Paula Rendón, and Helen Santiago, LOVE SPELLS, a comedy with a lot of melodrama starring Gabriela de la Garza and the action comedy BUNKER, among other titles.
HBO Max will also feature a curated catalog from around the world with series such as the Scandinavian drama BEARTOWN, the Spanish horror series from renowned director Alex de la Iglesia, 30 COINS, the anticipated biopic of Cristina Ortiz’s life in VENENO, the italian series GOMORRAH, the israeli drama VALLEY OF TEARS, and Turkish melodramas such as THE CHOICE and a series about a young man with special abilities, A MIRACLE.
And for kids, the platform will bring titles from iconic brands like Looney Tunes, Hanna-Barbera, and Cartoon Network including ADVENTURE TIME: DISTANT LANDS, TEEN TITANS GO!, SCOOBY DOO, PAW PATROL, FRANKELDA’S BOOK OF SPOOKS, THE AMAZING WORLD OF GUMBALL, BEN 10, THE POWERPUFF GIRLS and LOONEY TUNES CARTOONS, and many more.
Later this year, soccer fans in Brazil and Mexico will be able to enjoy matches of the UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, the most prestigious and followed soccer competitions in the world.
PLANS & OFFERS
HBO Max will offer two subscription plans, starting from US$3 per month; prices per plan and country can be found on HBOMax.com.
- The Standard plan offers families access to 3 simultaneous users, 5 personalized profiles, content downloads and video in high definition with some titles in 4K, across all supported devices.
- The Mobile plan offers access to the same content catalog, but has been designed for an individual experience with a single, standard definition stream on supported smartphones and tablets, with optimized image quality.
Subscriptions for recurring periods of 3 or 12 months will also be also available with a discount of up to 30%.
HBO Max will also offer a 7-day free trial period and an option where users will be able to sample some of the best series and documentaries, at no cost.
The platform will also be available through partners like AT&T Mexico, a leading mobile operator in Mexico, and regional partners such as DIRECTV Latin America, SKY Brasil and DIRECTV GO, and Grupo América Móvil which will offer HBO Max to their subscribers.
Those users who have an existing HBO linear subscription through participating distribution partners such as Claro Video (Mexico), Claro (Brazil), Claro (Latam), Oi (Brazil), Tim (Brazil), TotalPlay (Mexico), VIVO (Brazil), VTR (Chile), will have access to HBO Max for no additional cost. Additional distribution partners that will offer HBO Max will continue to be announced in the upcoming weeks.
HBO Max will be available on supported smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, streaming devices, and on HBOMax.com.
Existing HBO GO users will receive instructions before the launch on how to access HBO Max. As of HBO Max launch, the current HBO GO service in Latin America and the Caribbean will be discontinued.
A CUSTOMIZED AND USER-FRIENDLY PLATFORM
HBO Max is built to meet the needs of the whole household, weaving together human-powered discovery, personalization and customization, a sophisticated video player, parental controls and a unique kids experience. The platform is tailored to each individual user and serves up content that resonates most through a combination of personal human curation coupled with data-driven insights.
- Customization of username and viewing profiles.
- Creating lists of favorite movies and series.
- Genre categorization menu
- Language selection
- Content Hubs featuring clusters of content from recognizable brands that attract passionate audiences
- Downloads for offline viewing
- Content in high definition, up to 4K resolution
In addition, the platform will offer an experience designed especially for kids, with flexible and clear upfront parental controls and the ability for parents to create kids profiles that allow their kids to explore the breadth and depth of HBO Max’s catalog through age-appropriate curation.
- Parents will be able to select the type of maximum rating their children can access, and can create a PIN code so that kids will stay within this experience.
- Parents will also be able to create profiles for their children, which will take them to a dedicated kids’ home page curated for their age. The content kids see will expand as they get older based on parental control settings, allowing for discovery that evolves with children as they grow and develop.
- Browsing via a character navigation row allows kids to explore curated character pages, featuring favorite franchises unique to HBO Max including Sesame Street and Looney Tunes
“HBO Max is a platform built in Latin America for latinoamericanos. In this context, our catalogue delivers on the intensity and the passion of our region, our plans deliver on the experience users expect, and our prices deliver on our promise to entertain every member of the family. Our goal is to transform the streaming experience in Latin America, one word, one shot, one pixel at a time. And we are just getting started,” added Luis Durán, General Manager for HBO Max in the region.  Anguilla, Antigua, Argentina, Aruba, B.V.I., Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos, Uruguay and Venezuela.