PEACOCK ANNOUNCES MAIN CAST AND START OF PRODUCTION FOR HIGHLY ANTICIPATED DRAMA SERIES BEL-AIR.
Series Stars Jabari Banks, Adrian Holmes, Cassandra Freeman, Olly Sholotan, Coco Jones, Akira Akbar, Jimmy Akingbola, Jordan L. Jones and Simone Joy Jones
The Reimagined Series, Based on Morgan Cooper’s Viral Fan Film Bel-Air, Comes from
Peacock’s highly anticipated drama series Bel-Air, a contemporary reimagining of the beloved and culture defining 90s sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, has announced the full main cast.
The series regulars include:
Newcomer Jabari Banks as “Will”
Adrian Holmes as “Phillip Banks” (At That Age, V Wars)
Cassandra Freeman as “Vivian Banks” (The Enemy Within, Atlanta)
Olly Sholotan as “Carlton Banks” (Run Hide Fight, Evolution of Nate Gibson)
Coco Jones as “Hilary Banks” (Let it Shine, Vampires vs. The Bronx)
Akira Akbar as “Ashley Banks” (We Can Be Heroes, Captain Marvel)
Jimmy Akingbola as “Geoffrey” (Most Dangerous Game, In The Long Run)
Jordan L. Jones as “Jazz” (Rel, Snowfall)
Simone Joy Jones as “Lisa” (The Chair, What If)
Will Smith previously surprised newcomer and West Philly local Jabari Banks with the iconic, leading role of “Will,” originated by Smith, HERE.
Peacock previously ordered two seasons of the series adaptation of Morgan Cooper’s viral fan film Bel-Air. See Will Smith’s original announcement HERE.
Cooper wrote and directed the four-minute spec trailer, debuting the video on social media in March 2019. The trailer, which currently has nearly 7 million views on YouTube, caught the attention of Smith, and in a reaction video Smith called the film and idea brilliant. Link to the original trailer HERE.
ABOUT THE SERIES:
- Co-Showrunners / Executive Producers: T.J. Brady and Rasheed Newson
- Director / Co-Writer / Executive Producer: Morgan Cooper
- Executive Producers: Will Smith, Terence Carter, James Lassiter, Miguel Melendez, Malcolm Spellman, Quincy Jones, Benny Medina, and Andy & Susan Borowitz
- Produced By: Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group, and Westbrook Studios, a division of Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith’s media company Westbrook Inc.
- Format: Drama series
- Filming Location: Los Angeles, CA and Philadelphia, PA
- Set in modern-day America, Bel-Air is a serialized one-hour dramatic analogue of the 90’s sitcom “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” that leans into the original premise: Will’s complicated journey from the streets of West Philadelphia to the gated mansions of Bel-Air. With a reimagined vision, Bel-Air will dive deeper into the inherent conflicts, emotions and biases that were impossible to fully explore in a 30-minute sitcom format, while still delivering swagger and nods to the original show.
See www.PeacockTV.com for more!